Friday, January 9, 2009

Zlob

A message found in a Zlob binary:

For Windows Defender's Team:
I saw your post in the blog (10-Oct-2008) about my previous message.
Just want to say 'Hello' from Russia.
You are really good guys.
It was a surprise for me that Microsoft can respond on threats so fast.
I can't sign here now (he-he, sorry), how it was some years ago for more seriously vulnerability for all Windows ;)
Happy New Year, guys, and good luck!

P.S. BTW, we are closing soon. Not because of your work. :-))
So, you will not see some of my great ;) ideas in that family of software.
Try to search in exploits/shellcodes and rootkits.
Also, it is funny (probably for you), but Microsoft offered me a job to help
improve some of Vista's protection. It's not interesting for me, just a life's irony.

This is a response to Microsoft Windows Defender's Team, which found a first message in a previous binary and post a topic on their blog.
Post in French on MAD's Blog